Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happiness Project

Don't even get me started on Mr. Harris, but he gave us an assignment to make a Happiness Project, complete with a mission, motto, symbol, role models, truths and comandments. Just another part of his self-help regimend. (And this is English class!) I actually found it kind of interesting... so here are the highlights of my Project:

The Mission: Quiet rebellion; be different and accepted, happy all the same.
Motto: You may be in the crowd, but you'll always stand out.
The Five Impassible Truths:
  • You were made for chasing dreams.
  • Self-contradiction is inevitable.
  • We can change no one but ourselves.
  • Silence gets you nowhere; it's what kills you.
  • You'll never be able to grab water.

The Commandments:

  • Be Maddie, Madeline, you.
  • Start with self.
  • Make the paranormal normal.
  • Don't go anywhere without your towel.
  • Do something that scares you everyday.
  • Live through it, Laugh about it, Love doing it.
  • Care, but not about what others think of you.
  • Continue to wonder and to question.
  • Normal is boring.
  • Never forget.

These are just some things that I believe, and I hope you can tell that some of these are metaphorical. I plan on looking at these every day, and I hope that you yourself will start your own Happiness Project; you'll like it. I found it pretty enjoyable and a good use of my time.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment